Monday, May 15, 2006

Paris Panels


This is what we made in class today for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. A lot of people made very romantic and vintage family panels but I was really moved to do something focusing on Paris ... maybe I finally got a chance to focus on the theme of the retreat and really embrace the romance and magic of Paris. I had a great time making these pieces and am really happy with how they turned out. I'm really getting the hang of soldering although I'm starting to become slightly phobic about jump rings! I've learned to just be patient and keep working until they work out.

A good friend of mine took the class with me and it was a blast. She's got a great sensibility and is an amazingly talented artist in her own right. She makes gorgeous stained and fired glass pieces. I'm lucky enough to have a piece she made for me. Having a friend in the class really made it fun and helped keep us motivated as 6 collage pieces could be kind of a challenge. I don't usually make that many pieces as once. Sally Jean also encouraged us to work outside the box and do something different than our usual style. All in all, I'm really happy with my finished piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I especially like that there is something else in the photo (evian bottle) to give us an idea of the actual size.

By the way, you do have the best photos of your work! kudos

Amy Huff said...

Thank you very much, I'm really attached to my camera and try to make use of it when I can to prove to the husband I really did need my own. :)