Friday, December 14, 2007

Secret Santa Goodies



I made a collage using my secret santa goodies mixed in with some of my old favorites. The background is on watercolor paper with several layers of paint. Then I added in the text and a photo in the middle but didn't like it so I added an even bigger photo right over it - great thing about collage, you can just add more items, paint and glue if something goes wrong! I thought it needed something at the top so I drew in the scallops with charcoal and then filled in with more paint. Final touches were the numbers, the text on the right, outlined the photo with charcoal pencil (a few dots 'cause you can always use them! tickets and viola! The final collage.

I'm working on a new piece now for a swap tomorrow with the Mixed Media group I joined. It's made up of DFW area artists so I'm really excited to have a group I can bore to death with all my art notions and give my husband a break! I think I'll try to add some bright colors as inspired by Kelly Snelling. Her work is goregous with vibrant colors and layers of texture. Check her out since she's awesome! You can also see a better photo of the earrings I got in the 12 days swap, my photo is a little blurry.

No comments: