Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day #4 and some flea market goodies




I can't post yesterday's pressie since it was my day, I opened #13 from Penn which was fabulous! I can't say enough good things about it! I've somehow lost the photo of all the goodies I made but you can check it out here. These ladies are all beyond talented and I can't believe how lucky I am that I get to play with them.

Yesterday, we went and did some Christmas shopping and then had an evening out with our friends Mark and Robyn. We had dinner at a tapas restaurant and the dishes were very hit or miss but I did have a potato gratin that was amazing! It had Serrano ham and manchego cheese between the potato layers - very tasty! We were going to the Christmas Carol show so we unfortunately ran out of dessert time but I had my eye on the hot chocolate with churros. Will have to go back and give it a try, we're also going to try the paella since I make a shortened fake version, it would be nice to taste their version.

The Christmas shopping continued today and started with a visit to the monthly flea market where I loaded up on finds for the Art Nest Retreat . They had some terrific stuff and I was sorry I couldn't take it all home with me! My husband found several cool things but my favorite finds were this old Dallas piece and the tiny ram (I'm an Aries so it's fitting) that I can't wait to figure out how to get it under glass.

I should be heading to bed since it's a school night and already passed my bed time!

No comments: