Sunday, January 20, 2008

Flea Market Saturday


Yesterday was flea market day in Fair Park and I found some goodies. Mostly more photos, but I also picked up some flash-cards, a cameo, a great 40's coal mine photo, another vintage dog statue from Japan and the dog will have company with my occupied Japan Tahitian girl (she's amazing, regardless of how many people think she's tacky. I love her and will not be swayed). I'm starting to get quite the dog and photo collection. Hmm, I wonder if it's because I can't bear to have homeless photos or puppies!? Speaking of which, don't forget to donate to Bernie's shelter with this handy badge in the nav. I mean, it's there and you're here so just go ahead.

After the flea market we had burgers at the always tasty Twisted Root. If you're in Dallas, it's a must stop. Better yet, call me and I'll take you, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Just for you! This brings me to my new venture, a food blog that can be found here. If you're interested in food, check it out, if not. Stay here and I'll keep you entertained with art and stories of falling down. A little something for everyone.

We hadn't yet had our fill of fun so we headed for the theater to see Juno. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's awesome! The acting by everyone was terrific and it had J.K. Simmons, for Closer and Oz fans, as well as Allison Janney from The West Wing and Drop Dead Gorgeous. If you haven't seen it, stop reading go get it, watch it then come back and tell me how fabulous it was. It's ok, I'll wait.

Today was more flea marketing for me in McKinney, I struck out with only seriously real junk to be found, I resisted the urge to take home more crystal candlesticks for a $1.00. After a chai tea from Saxbys, my new favorite thing, I finally dragged Rolland out of the house with bribery (new macs at the Apple Store to be seen) and we headed out. We made the odd choice of seeing Sweeney Todd. Mostly it was a time thing. The movie was really beautiful and the costumes were to die for but the rest was eh. It's a musical, not my fave, and then lots of fake blood just pushed me over the edge. Watch it on DVD for the lovely costumes and truly great sets, otherwise just stick with Juno and catch up on The Closer in case we get new eps for the summer.

That's it, I've got to go feed all the beasts and you're probably tired of me by now. But, I'm off work tomorrow and have big plans for you! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Bo Nash said...

You just missed me! I was at Twisted Root right around noon!