Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fat Book Submission


This is my submission for the Paris Streets Fat Book for the Art & Soul retreat in Portland. I'm still getting used to sending things in for group participation and I worry that I'm not doing enough or that it's not meeting someone's expectations.

The thing is, this turned out exactly like I wanted. I thought it was different and it's very personal to me, which is what I always think of as making the best art. It reminds me of when my husband and I walked down the Champs Elysee for our 10th anniversary. It was a gorgeous day in October and we stumbled into this park in the middle of the city filled with huge pink cabbage roses. It was beautiful and romantic and it felt like just the two of us in the city. The photos are ones taken on the walk down the street and some of the unusual stores we saw. I didn't have room to include the McDonald's which is right next to the Mercedes Benz dealership.. it was two blocks from Cartier and across the street from the hip newly updated drug store where Parisian teenagers hang out late into the night, the more things change the more they stay the same!

No comments: