Monday, June 26, 2006

What's your process?


First, I apologize for the long break I took in posting. Regular life has just gotten very hectic lately and I didn't have time to sleep let alone make it to the studio!

But, I finally got some time and I created this piece last night in a couple of hours. I'm thrilled with how it turned out since I've been thinking about it for a long time. I know some artists work on things for weeks or months before they're happy with it but I have to say that I work fairly quickly. I think the longest I've ever worked on a particular piece may be a week. I think about a project, sometimes for months, before I actually sit down to work on it but it seems like I have things pretty well worked out by then and it all just flows.

A new thing I've started doing is carrying around a journal specifically to jot down ideas and make rough sketches. This seems to help me keep ideas that I otherwise may have lost.

How do you work? What's your process for planning, or not planning, when you sit down to create?

No comments: