Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Enough


This is one of those things that that I never believe. Ever. It constantly feels like I'm battling all of those voices in my head that reinforce how I'm failing at everything. It's exhausting. But this is one of those I have to get over, I have to move forward and believe that I am enough. Just as I am. I refuse to have this be something my daughter inherits. 

Watching her, I couldn't imagine her ever thinking she was less than. She's amazing. She's brave and daring. Funny and such a happy little spirit. Unless you do something she doesn't like. Then she's fierce and demanding. I'm pretty sure she's the most incredible person I've ever met. I kind of want to be her when I grow up. So, I have got to start parenting myself. I would never let someone speak to her the way I speak to myself so it has to stop. I have breathe and remember that I am enough. Just like this.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You speak the truth, girlfriend. That little voice can be so tempting to listen to but we just have to tell that negative SOB to shhh.