Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Tasty goodness

Rolland smoked a pork shoulder the other night and it was fabulous. In trying to be better about eating the leftovers, I checked out Serious Eats that had a yummy looking Cuban sandwich on the homepage and I wanted one immediately! I peeked in the freezer to find 2 baguettes that were thinking about getting a serious coating of protective ice (if you don't know what that's from go here and check it out) and I remembered we had some Jarlsberg that needed to be used up found the smoked ham deli meat in the fridge and we were good to go.

Rolland used the gas grill and a foil wrapped brick to press them flat. A few minutes later yummy goodness! I think these would be a perfect accompaniment to the recommendation above.



Although I wouldn't recommend the 7 mile bike ride for dessert. Seriously, ride first then sandwich and a movie.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: