Sunday, June 27, 2010

500

So I'm wishing I had some kind of incredible brilliance saved up for my 500th post but alas, I got nothing. I have been trying to spend my summer pretending it's actually a summer break: reading, spending time with friends and family, country drives with the husband but truthfully this is something that should be done all the time. But with our schedules and living out in the 'burbs, it's tough.

I have been thinking a lot about what and where I'd really like to be when I grow up. The opinions are definitely divided amongst the polled. A large camp has informed me that there really is no specific path in life and we can pick and choose to do lots of things. Trying them all on for size, wearing the new favorite until another perfect outfit comes along. Intriguing but tough for someone who hasn't met a decision I didn't like. If asked to pick, I'll choose something immediately then move right on to the next. Mostly dessert first and anything pink or sparkly is always a yes. But now, I find myself floundering. The summer seems like exactly the right time to kick back and allow myself some time to ponder. A true luxury.

Next week, back to reality TV, fantasy books, baked goods and oversized art projects.

No comments: