Sunday, June 13, 2010

Influenced by Jules Verne

Growing up we watched lots of adventure movies like Sinbad, Swiss Family Robinson, Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I think this last one inspired me to pick up these little beauties at the beadshow in Grapevine. I had to have the octopus in amber even if I had no idea what I'd do with it.

I took the simple approach with some gorgeous carved beads I got from the same vendor. Again, I used chain links I took apart from a separate chain to add links in between the beads. Love the texture and the bead stretching.





All this crafty goodness was made on Friday night when a group of us "crafty chicas" got together for some crafty goodness, cocktails (sparkling fruit juice for me) and girl talk. My friend Suzanne who moved to Austin came up for the event and brought her new dog Oliver who is super cute. Awesome Friday night.

No comments: