Sunday, April 20, 2008

Birthday cupcakes


I got a little behind in processing the photos on my memory card! These are the cupcakes Rolland got me for my b-day. There's red velvet and milk chocolate/vanilla for me. He got cinnamon sugar and coconut for his selections. These are from Sprinkles and while pricey, they are super tasty! Williams-Sonoma carries the mix now so you can make your own if there's not one near you.

I got a lot of soldering done tonight, just waiting on jump rings. I finished 3 charms entirely (I know, I know, I'm working on it). We also got a ton of bottle caps waiting on resin. Who knew it would go old? :) Also, Rolland started helping me out with jump rings on the bottle caps and cutting glass. We also had a soldering lesson tonight and he's pretty awesome! It's like he's been doing it forever, he's much better than I was on my first attempts. He has no idea what's in store for him if he keeps practicing!

I hope you guys had a great weekend. Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Bo said...

I have to say that your cupcakes are far better than those from Sprinkles. I've had both and yours win hands down. Also, I find their patented "nipple sprinkle" to be slightly disturbing.

(Though admittedly that coconut one looks really good right about now.)

Maija said...

I just want to cry thinking about how pretty they are and how yummy they must have been!

jthom03 / Jan Thomason / thomranch@hctc.net said...

your birthday cupcakes look amazing!!
and i'll tell you, just mentioning that you spent an evening soldering is {kind of} inspiring me to do the same!
have a great one, jan