Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Madonna Altered Book


Madonna in the Madonna sense not Madonna "I have cones for breasts" kind of way... anyway, this is an altered book I worked on a while ago that is one of my favorites that I'm thinking of submitting to Somerset Studio. I have a couple of concerns.

First, I just don't know if I'm good enough. To a certain extent, that's ok and I just want to get better and be more challenged but on the other hand, no one likes to be rejected. I take it personally and mope for a while before the husband finally calls me on it and slink back to the art room. Obviously, I need practice with rejection and building up the thick skin (do I get any points for admitting it? I've heard that's important... I want credit... see, never ending cycle here!).

Second, if a piece gets accepted why should that make me feel validated. Why isn't it enough that I like what I create, other people I know (some not even related to me!) like what I create. What's up with the need for outside validation?

So, while I pose that question I've uploaded the cover image for your perusal not that you would in any way be enabling the outside validation... Oy, I get a few extra hours of sleep and look what happens!

No comments: