Sunday, April 23, 2006

Birthday loot



I met a friend for dinner last week, she's a great friend who's amazingly talented, and she went a little nuts for the b-day gift. Seriously, I've got the pictures to prove it! She gave me a bag filled with really lovely beads and crystals and I've gone a little nuts with it all.

I made a 3 strand necklace that is really pretty, if I do say so myself, but the beads really did all the work. All of the beads and crystals are shades of white, pink, black and gray (if you don't count it as a shade of black). I love how it all works together with different textures and colors. The hubby was very skeptical as I was putting it all together but he came around in the end. I still want to make a few soldered pieces to add as pendants to some beaded pieces but I'm having time management issues again. I love my new job but the commute is still a beating and when I get home I want to veg out or go to the studio for a few hours... hard to do when you have a bed time! :) Oh well, it'll work out. Maybe I'll try to figure out a way to do art riding the train downtown. How many odd looks could I get?

No comments: