Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pink Lady has a friend


It's been a hectic weekend here but it was awesome. Rolland's family came to help celebrate his birthday and help us get rid of a ton of stuff at a huge garage sale we had. The key lessons here are to definitely have it on Thursday and Friday if you can (we were completely cleared out by 1pm on Friday) and to do all of this cleaning in the fall. July in Texas, not a good idea. Anyway, it's all done and it's such a relief to pare down the clutter and get some breathing room in the house (and life).

I did find a little time to do some shopping with the fam and found a new store. Heaven really. It's Paper Source in NorthPark Mall and I found quite a few things that it turns out, I couldn't live without. Yes, I know I'm removing things from my life but this does not include yummy paper goods and a princess crown (pics to come)! So one of those finds made it's way on this piece (the subtle black rubbings) and the store inspired me to dig through my vintage and vintage inspired scrap and I came up with this delightful friend for the lady. I like the contrasting colors and just the unexpectedness of the bird.

That's it but more fun updates in the next few days as I now have a walkway and path through the studio. Although I did find a big box I had packed up that I need to unpack and I truly have no idea what could be in there. I'm slightly nervous.

p.s. If you aren't watching the current season of Doctor Who on sci-fi you're truly missing out. Also, I can now watch it in HD... I'm such a super geek.

p.s.s. The new season of Eureka starts on Tuesday! Woo hoo! I started watching this show because it's the name of the town where I was born. Turns out, there's no resemblance but I'm hooked. There's still time for you to catch up!

1 comment:

Jennifer Perkins said...

Hey Amy just saw your Twitter update and noticed you were from my home town of McKinney. My parents still live there! Whoo-hoo Big M.