Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sheesh, it's hot and busy around here!

We've been really busy sort of packing and going to the new house. They put up trim and the balusters which are only really important to us so no pics. :) I've been working on a couple projects but nothing completed yet. One of the pieces is a necklace and I'm using annealed steel for the first time. Yikes! So it's pokey and hard to bend but I love how it looks next to the vintage crystal beads (my supply is running low and I have no idea if I can get more. I'm trying not to panic). I did use one of my 50% off at Michael's coupons on heavier wire cutters and they work like a dream! It was the best 3 bucks I've spent in a while and I'm kicking myself for not having done it sooner. OY!

I'm packing ( a few clothes and a million books for the drive. Heaven!) up to head to Kansas tomorrow for a family reunion. My Mom and I are going junking tomorrow after I get there and I can't wait. We haven't really done this for years and she's one of the few people I know, and spend time with regularly, who doesn't mind sifting through all the gunky stuff to find something really fabulous. She's also scoped out some cool places she's been telling me about for a while so I'm really thrilled to finally be there in person. I may even take the fancy camera since I've been short on pics to post lately. I blame the heat. The 100 degree days (so it's really only 95 but I'm not letting that stop my exaggeration) sap the energy out of me and I just want to turn the air conditioner down to 65 (I know, I know, Rolland won't let me either) and get back into bed and stay there until winter.

I hope you guys have plans for a wonderful weekend! If you don't it's not too late to catch all the super cool shows on Sci-fi tomorrow night. I'm telling you Doctor Who can change your life. Plus, he's pretty to look at.

1 comment:

Maija said...

Enjoy your time with your mom and family!
Have a safe trip!