Sunday, December 10, 2006

Initial Necklace


I'm still working on Christmas gifts but I took a break to play around with some pieces I've been trying to arrange into a necklace for weeks. I bought the large smokey quartz beads yesterday and they were exactly what I needed. They worked great with the golden and smokey swarovski beads so all the pieces finally fell into place. It turned out even better than I expected... although my expectations were fairly low since the pieces were just stacked on my desk with me adding, subtracting and re-arranging for weeks!
Today was crazy since it started at 4 am and has yet to stop. I've been working on projects to finish up, stocking the freezer with baked goods and now I need to really think about wrapping some of the goodies... I'm not sure I'm ready to face the paper cuts yet! :)
Anyway, the project for my sister has turned out unbelievably super cute and I hope she loves it. I'll post pics as soon as it's totally finished - she doesn't read the blog so it's safe. Also, my sister-in-law's will probably be in the pic stages tomorrow.
Anyway, I hope everyone's getting into the Christmas/Holiday/Festive/Even if it's not your holiday you get a break any way mood - the cold front's breaking and the high will be 70 tomorrow which, honestly, still feels like December in Texas and I've decided I've finally been bitten by the Christmas bug and have been driving my husband crazy. The alternative was I was driving him crazy because he was worried I hadn't started in about the holidays yet, now, all's right with the world.


No comments: