Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Christmas Eve!



Trying to get back in to the swing of things here which has been hard but pushing forward . We're getting ready to build a fire and I have a little work to do and Rolland's going upstairs to try and switch over to DSL (last time we had a bad modem) so we're hoping for better luck. I'm going to settle in to watch more episodes of Dharma & Greg, latest DVD purchase, since he'll be upstairs and away from my excellent holiday selection. He'll be watching Die Hard since nothing says Happy Holidays like Bruce Willis. :)


I think I'm going to venture out later to Michael's and get a few supplies and play around with decoupaging a few Christmas plates. This was actually the first type of art projects I was interested in back in junior high. I've always loved the Victorian time period and used to save up my allowance and buy Victoria magazine and go through it over and over... the answer is yes, I've always been slightly off. Anyway, I saw this artist in a magazine a few weeks ago and thought her work was brilliant and got re-inspired so if I finish up the real work I brought home with me I figure I'll reward myself and go play this afternoon. I may also venture out an a quest to find homemade marshmallows at Whole Foods (I realize that's a slight contradiction but anyway!).


These are ornaments I made for my sis-in-law and mom-in-law. The cutie in the fridge is my Sis and the two beauties heading for town are Mom and her Mom. They were a big hit, but it's hard to take the credit when the pics were wonderful - they made great pieces.


Have a great Christmas Eve!

No comments: