Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

The weekend theme has been home improvement and to that end I made my husband climb up on a very tall ladder and hang my number plates (I love typography in all forms) which I love in a way that's not entirely healthy. I.E. making my husband climb up on a very tall ladder to hang these above the mantle. I'm really happy with this particular vignette now - even if the plates are slightly off balance - don't tell him. We aren't acknowledging it after the drama that was the hanging on the high ladder. :)

We also picked up a couple of dining room chairs from West Elm. The others are on back order so we can finally eat at a table - if we so choose to - mostly it finishes off the dining room/library/bar room that has become our dining room. Actually, I really like it. It feels slightly pub-ish. We also got a drill press but I'm not ready to display those pics just yet.

On the art front, this is a piece I made this weekend and am absurdly excited that I had all of these elements already. Typically I go and buy a zillion beads, wire, etc then end up using mostly things I have. Not this time! I gathered all my elements and made short work of them while catching up on season 2.5 of Battlestar Galactica. I watch in my studio since my husband can't stand even hearing anything related to the show. He also only liked Doctor Who when Martha was on so I'm back to square one there as well. Anyway, I love this necklace with the combination of pottery beads, quartz and metal piece all brought together with steel wire. Where has this wire been all my life? :)

Now, I'm headed out to the Knox/Henderson area (almost downtown part of Dallas with some funky shops and larger stores like Crate and Barrel, Z Gallerie, etc) for some patio time at the Cafe Toulouse - maybe some Mac & Cheese as well. Hope you guys had an awesome Labor Day weekend.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Love the necklace!! did you find some goodies on your jaunt??