Sunday, August 19, 2007

Movie Updates

Oh yeah, I forgot to give the latest in movie updates for the weekend! It was like a mini-Firefly reunion since Alan Tudyk was in Death at a Funeral an Nathan Fillion was in Waitress. Death at a Funeral was great with only the occasional lapses in funny moments and Waitress, which I also loved and tried to ignore all the real life drama about since it was too sad for me to concentrate on the film if I dwelled. I therefor tried to only focus on the on-screen goings on as well as the pie. I loved the pies and the amazingly subtle costuming.

I have a good friend who used to be a professional costumer and she's made me appreciate how we don't really admire the modern costuming in films. It's all given to things like Memoirs of Geisha or period pieces, which are amazing but think about some of the subtle costume choices and characterization shown in some of the movies like Syriana based on costuming, ok I'm off the soapbox about that so I can move on to further soapboxing.

p.s. If you don't know about Firefly then a) shame on you and b) remedy that right now! The movie list is shrinking but it's still fairly substantial so I'll keep you updated with reviews. I know you can't wait! :)

No comments: