Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Beads, beads and more beads!

I ended up staying home today because of a migraine which allowed me to catch up on sleep and feel drugged for a lot of the day. But, I did sneak in a few episodes of the Ghost Whisper, yes, my husband is also appalled, and I got in my bead order! My friend Ceeg asked me to make a few pieces for him after seeing my Family History piece at the art show at work, his Mom is a genealogist, so he thought his would be an awesome gift so it was the perfect opportunity to go bead shopping.

I ordered smoky quartz in multiple sizes, I'm finding this is a great go to bead for just about everything. I love the color and the variations in styles. It works really well with the black and white images and typography. I also went wild with the bright red coral, I want to try a really bright piece with my vintage Bakelite dominoes and dice. We'll see how it goes. I'm also experimenting with a variation on the amazonite tourmaline. It's a beautiful sea green, black and white combination in a square puff cut that I think will add beautiful color to a black and white piece. All I have to do now is get to work!

No comments: