Sunday, September 18, 2011

Where the hell have I been?

Mostly I've been laying in bed at home doing a whole lot of nothing but obsessing about things like this.



Image courtesy of QuinnleesBoutique

Note: not our baby... but we hope to have one very similar sometime towards the end of February.

The process has definitely been, well, a process to get here. After trying for a while (I'm 38 and we've been married for 16 years so there you go) we decided to get serious and after a year of IUI and fertility drugs that meant IVF. For me, it really wasn't a taxing process other than being really tired and acting as a human pin cushion. Seriously, 11 weeks of shots in the ass will take a toll on anyone. And that was really the only downside. In fact, several folks - including my husband - have all pointed out that I seem much more mellow and calm. But it's a roller coaster of ups and downs which can take a toll. So, I've purposefully just taken a break from everything but doing a lot of nothing and relaxing. Thank God for Bravo and reality TV! Yay, The Rachel Zoe Project and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are back.

And after everything, we got pregnant and are now at 17 weeks and early indicators are she's a girl baby (not that this was ever the real question as much as the sex of the baby) but we'll have a more definitive sono in a couple of weeks. I do continue to worry about everything, Rolland can verify this, but am trying to just let it go and enjoy the process. Of course this includes finally tackling the guest bathroom remodel and completely flipping the studio and guest room so the guest room will now be the nursery and the studio will combine with the guest room. It's good that I've spent months resting up!

Now, I have to apologize that the blog may be taken over with tons of pictures like the above and decorating/remodeling images.

1 comment:

Cashon&Co said...

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic news! Most my friends who had IVF with their first got pregnant VERY easily with their second, third, fourth.... My dear friend had her 4th boy at age 41 three years ago. She had several IVF's with her twins who are now 9. Since they were born, she's been pregnant 6 more times! all without trying at all!
Enjoy this time, it goes by quickly. Too quickly.