Friday, April 23, 2010

Recent Necklaces

I know it's odd, but we recently started watching the series Bones (which is awesome) but I love the jewelry in the show. I'm sure the idea is that it's all collected via anthropological trips but mostly I end up thinking "I could make that". This is one of the pieces I first made. Loving the mix of pearls, chain and medals.



Beads I picked up in Santa Fe and strung with smokey quartz. I love that the stones are warm after wearing.



This one was actually fairly tricky to string all the tourmaline with the correct lengths. I cheated a little with the silver beads on the end. I really like how it turned out but am a little nervous to wear it much. I definitely don't want to restring this!

1 comment:

thebubbreport said...

I love Bones. It's a lot like Scooby Doo, or at least the cast is!

I'm always noticing Emily D.'s necklaces and how they are supposed to look like some tribe made them for her. They're cool.