Friday, September 06, 2013

Five on Friday

 


5. I'm still kantha obsessed. Well, I'm still obsessed with painting everything white and adding a ton of color via accessories. So far, I've found very little that's as bright and warm as kanthas. Love these on Etsy. And THESE! Wow. SF Girl by Bay had a post featuring Hand and Cloth. Greatness. This little elephant with kantha stitching is adorable. I may have to get a few as my new "go to" baby gift along with the wubbanubbas. Those are fantastic.

Marigold Textiles on Etsy

I'm a little fuzzy on whether kantha is the stitch you see here or the material or the quilt that uses that material and stitching. Oddly the intranets provides conflicting information. How is that possible? If it's true, it's on the internet. Or, not so much.

4. This is my new favorite piece from World Market and would add it to the house immediately if I didn't live with a husband and a toddler. Neither would approve. The color is really lovely although I may have to side with the husband and toddler on it's actual comfort and practically. In my adult doll house this would be in the dressing area where I lounge with a champagne cocktail. 

World Market

3. Now that I've declared it fall, repeatedly, I'm getting out the crock pot and putting it to use. We bought this super fancy one on sale at Williams-Sonoma and I love it. On Monday I made pot roast and it was fantastic. I also tried to make lentils and chicken sausage which was meh. Sophy liked it (the lentils anyway) so it wasn't a total waste.


I can brown and saute in it before I actually add everything to simmer all day. It's pretty awesome. We also got a $25 gift card when we bought it and Sophy has since absconded with it. Not a happy Mama. I had earmarked that GC for a glass pitcher. Someday I'm going to find it squirreled away under her toys and baskets. Maybe. Good thing she's pretty adorable. NOTE: not paid for by Williams-Sonoma but if they wanted to send me that nifty glass pitcher that'd be great. Oy.

 2. I'm a little sad that the Rachel Zoe Project has been canceled although last season was a little blah. I kinda wanted to see pregnancy round two and outfits that would ensue. And now that I've cut off most of the Real Housewives, my dosage of crazy over the topness is fairly minimal.



1. Holy poop! The Halloween shop at Carter's is up and running! Full on Halloween costume planning is commencing!


No comments: