Monday, May 31, 2010

New Favorite: Baked

I've been on quite the cookbook kick lately and this has been a new favorite. I saw them on the on the food network then found a couple of recipes in a magazine and I couldn't resist trying the banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. They got rave reviews in the office so when we were having some folks over this weekend I tried them again along with the chocolate mayo cake. All were awesome.

I can't recommend this book enough. It's gorgeous to look at and the recipes are yummy.



These are the banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Super easy.



Chocolate mayo cake where mayo replaces the usual oil. Incredibly moist and for all the mayo haters (I have trouble even acknowledging there could be such folk) you don't taste it at all. I promise.



I think this speaks to the yummy goodness that is chocolate cake.



I also made some homemade vanilla ice cream, Philadelphia style, and I have no idea what that means but also super easy and especially tasty with the cake.

No comments: