Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spooky Charm Swap

I had a terrific weekend with my family in town. We hit all the fun McKinney has to offer and then some! I'm still working on getting those pics off the card. In the meantime, I've posted some timely pics of my Spooky Charm swap. The idea was to create a charm around our favorite Halloween story or trick or treating experience. For me, I'm a classicist and it's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow all the way. I used a cabinet card that looked the most like a nerdy scarredy cat but kind of sweet - my idea of what Ichabod might look like. Add in a little photoshop help, some vintage wall paper with some fun details like the date the story was first published and you've got yourself a new take on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I love the vintage/retro feel off this one, if I do say so myself! :)



2 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Super Cute! remember to show us what you receive too :)

Lisa said...

Love the charms and creepy doll heads. My family thinks that dolls with missing limbs are creepy too. Thanks for stopping by.