Okay, I have decided the guy working on our bathroom is trying to drive me insane. He called on Tuesday to outline the plan for finishing our bathroom this week. Important reminder, he thought he would be done Tuesday. So yesterday's items on the agenda were to center the light fixture over the vanity, grout the tile and install the toilet. Actual accomplishments? To remove 3 tile off the 1/2 wall around the bathtub. Honest to deity of your choosing, if he would've been here last night I might have siced the dogs on him. This is clearly poetic license as the puppies are mostly here for cuddling and Abby just sort of glares menacingly. I'm not exaggerating that we can't tell that they were here at all.
What's wrong with people? If I went to work everyday and the only thing I ever accomplished was to put up a graphic once a week there would be hell to pay. The good news is that I had planned to take an extra day this week for the holiday, mostly to enjoy the new bathroom and clean the house, but I'm starting to be just as content to lay into these people like there's no tomorrow. Rolland actually regretted going to work today since it meant he could be home to watch. Rolland tried to prep them on his time here that they really didn't want to have to deal with me. Yes, I'm fully prepared that we may be finishing the bathroom this weekend which I'm almost hoping for that outcome. We actually work our asses off on these kind of projects and I could finally take a freakin' bath!
If you want to learn how to get rich in the construction business, here is my advice:
1. Show up on time and when you say you will
2. Accomplish enough each day that your employers can clearly tell you were there
3. Do not cut tile inside the master bathroom therefore alleviating the gross water dripping across the bed room floor and covering said employers bedroom in a fine layer of tile dust every damn day
4. Do not leave your snacks, soda and wet clothing laying on their shelves and their bed
5. If you discuss some specific things that are to be done, write them down so you do not call them 3 times during their work day to confirm that you are doing exactly the wrong thing
I think I'm done venting to the universe now. I plan to continue to sit quietly in my studio until they head over at which point I pounce then promptly leave to go by Eco friendly cleaning products and some kind of good smelling something to put in the bathroom since it now reeks. We refuse to wonder what's causing the smell.
I hope you have an incredible 4th of July.