I haven't forgotten about you, there's just been crazy cuckooness in the world of Huff. Some of which is I've moved here for all future bloggy goodness!
Come visit, the water's fantastic!
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Channeling a little Rachel Zoe today with my chevron and panther. My necklace was a gift from my sis-in-law and brother from Bauble Bar. It's a favorite. I love, love, love them. Bauble Bar and my fam. In this case, I think Bauble Bar has great pieces for reasonable prices. Sweater on sale via Lane Bryant. Can't find the B&W version. Super soft. It's been a long few days so you can see all the lovely dark circles under the eyes without makep. NOT a very RZ way to go.
Also, Sophy and I both have the same weird bang trim. Mostly because I'm the bang trimmer.
Sunday, September 08, 2013
We had a little photo "mini-session" with Ryan. These were a couple of my favorites and it's how we found out that Sophy loves herself some splash padding! It's also how I found out that the water features in the park are called Splash Pads. Who knew?
Saturday, September 07, 2013
This might be my new favorite item in the house. I took the pic as her regular pre-school pic. That night I was playing around doing some afterlighting on it then posted it on Instagram. I kind of loved it immediately. Shortly after I got an email that Canvas Pop had reclaimed wood frames. It was meant to be.
For a pretty hefty price (~$100), I ordered it. Hoping it would look good. I love, love, love it. This pic is just so perfect for her and a great color. The wood frame is fantastic. They've got a 30% sale right now and I may have done some Christmas purchasing. I'm not sure how I occupied my time pre-baby, iPhone/iPad mini and apps.
Anyway, I was not in any way paid or coerced to pimp out Canvas Pop, Instagram, Afterlight. Not that I wouldn't be willing, just no offers forthcoming. It's early in the picture season and I really am going to need to pace myself. That toddler is just too cute!
Friday, September 06, 2013
5. I'm still kantha obsessed. Well, I'm still obsessed with painting everything white and adding a ton of color via accessories. So far, I've found very little that's as bright and warm as kanthas. Love these on Etsy. And THESE! Wow. SF Girl by Bay had a post featuring Hand and Cloth. Greatness. This little elephant with kantha stitching is adorable. I may have to get a few as my new "go to" baby gift along with the wubbanubbas. Those are fantastic.
|Marigold Textiles on Etsy|
I'm a little fuzzy on whether kantha is the stitch you see here or the material or the quilt that uses that material and stitching. Oddly the intranets provides conflicting information. How is that possible? If it's true, it's on the internet. Or, not so much.
4. This is my new favorite piece from World Market and would add it to the house immediately if I didn't live with a husband and a toddler. Neither would approve. The color is really lovely although I may have to side with the husband and toddler on it's actual comfort and practically. In my adult doll house this would be in the dressing area where I lounge with a champagne cocktail.
3. Now that I've declared it fall, repeatedly, I'm getting out the crock pot and putting it to use. We bought this super fancy one on sale at Williams-Sonoma and I love it. On Monday I made pot roast and it was fantastic. I also tried to make lentils and chicken sausage which was meh. Sophy liked it (the lentils anyway) so it wasn't a total waste.
I can brown and saute in it before I actually add everything to simmer all day. It's pretty awesome. We also got a $25 gift card when we bought it and Sophy has since absconded with it. Not a happy Mama. I had earmarked that GC for a glass pitcher. Someday I'm going to find it squirreled away under her toys and baskets. Maybe. Good thing she's pretty adorable. NOTE: not paid for by Williams-Sonoma but if they wanted to send me that nifty glass pitcher that'd be great. Oy.
2. I'm a little sad that the Rachel Zoe Project has been canceled although last season was a little blah. I kinda wanted to see pregnancy round two and outfits that would ensue. And now that I've cut off most of the Real Housewives, my dosage of crazy over the topness is fairly minimal.
1. Holy poop! The Halloween shop at Carter's is up and running! Full on Halloween costume planning is commencing!
Thursday, September 05, 2013
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Sophy had a fantastic time with Aunt Anita and Granny. She was more than happy to share how she'd like everyone to behave for pictures. Lots of snuggles and adventures on Friday while Mommy and Daddy were at work. Lots of shopping and tasty food and just hanging out.
The willing babysitters meant we ventured out for a movie, Elysium, which Rolland loved and I found meh. We did see it at the new DFW Alamo Drafthouse and I really wanted to love the theater but it was also just meh. It was 108 out and felt like it was 98 in the theater. The food was pretty tasty though. I had a baked pretzel with hatch chile queso... yum. It was disappointing when eaten next to someone smelly. Ick.
Monday we caught up on Top Chef Masters. I've been hoarding episodes. I'm really enjoying Francis Lam as a guest. He was a favorite on Cooking Channels "Unique Eats" and "Food(ography)". I'm also ready for Sang to get off my TV. I usually love TCM more than Top Chef just because everyone's established and plays nice. There's always somebody who's kind of an ass (Michael Chiarello) but this is usually rare. I love the camaraderie and the season with Jonathan Waxman will always be a favorite. This year feels a little more bitchy.
Finally, we're caught up on visits for a while so it's time to start the crazy "to do list". Pray for me.